MediviewHD is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MediviewHD may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 13/05/2018.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
MediviewHD collects personal information when you provide your contact details. We will use this information to provide our products and services and maintain accurate records.
MediviewHD will not share your personal information with third parties other than the organiser of these webinars: Applied Market Information Ltd and the sponsor of the produced presentations.
The organiser or sponsor may contact you for such purposes as replying to your queries, improving their services, conducting surveys, to deliver promotional material to you.
We may collect the following personal information:
● Name and job title.
● Contact information, including email address.
We require this information for the following reasons:
● Internal record keeping.
● Providing our products and services.
● Customising the appearance of Talking Slides – for example, greeting you on signing in.
● Providing personalised features – for example, your personal playlist and shopping basket.
● Streamlining your experience – for example, allowing you to continue browsing from your last session.
● Collecting analytics (viewing figures) on behalf of the organisation using Talking Slides.
MediviewHD (ESW Solutions Ltd) will not share your information for marketing purposes with third parties.
We use certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, and user location) to improve the quality and design of the website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analysing user preferences and trends.
What is the right to erasure?
Individuals have a right to have their data erased and for processing to cease in the following circumstances:
● Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected and/or processed.
● Where consent is withdrawn.
● Where the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
● The personal data was unlawfully processed or otherwise breached data protection laws.
● To comply with a legal obligation.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our Cookies Help Us:
● Make our website work as you’d expect
● Remember your settings during and between visits
● Offer you services/content
● Improve the speed/security of the site
● Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
● Continuously improve our website for you
● Make our marketing more efficient
● Our Own Cookies (IMPLIED CONSENT)
● Remembering your search settings
● Showing you which pages you have recently visited
● Allowing you to add comments to our site
● Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
● Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
● If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you then please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
MediviewHD runs on a cloud server hosted by Fasthosts at their highly secure ISO 27001 accredited data centre in Gloucester, UK:
The cloud server runs CentOS Linux with Webmin and is automatically updated with the latest security updates on a daily basis. It is protected by a custom configured firewall and SSH access is limited to the root user only.
All MediviewHD data is held in a database that cannot be accessed from outside the server, except through an administration front-end on a separate sub-domain accessible only via HTTPS, with access limited to a single user. Passwords in the database are stored encrypted, not in plain text.
No sensitive user data is stored in the database – only names, email addresses, and optional job titles and phone numbers.